- Annual Conference
- Chapter Directory
- College Math Project
- Dynamic Paper
- Exec and Directors
- GSP Tutorials
- Leadership Conf.
- Leading Math Success
- President's Message
- Virtual Manipulatives Library
Ontario Mathematics Olympiad
Sample Question #2NOTE: This was an event for two students.
Perfect Metric Time
In a metric perfect world, a full metric day would have 10 metric hours, one metric hour would have 10 metric minutes, one metric minute would have 10 metric seconds and one metric second would have 10 metric miniseconds.
Can you record the following information?
- Average metric time your pair wakes up in the morning.
- Metric time your school starts on a regular day.
- Metric time your school ends.
- If your team has been told to report to the Principal's office at four metric hours, five metric minutes, six metric seconds and seven metric miniseconds, what time would that be in the 24 hour system.
- What could the calendar system look like with this metric perfect time?