General Math Resources
- Caribou Contest for Students of Grades 3 to 12 - The Caribou Mathematics Competition is an online contest for students in
grades 3-12 from all types of school, including home schooling. Contests are
held six times per year Canada wide for students for all five grade levels
3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12 and are accessible in both English and
French. Contest results and detailed statistics are available on the evening
of each contest day and winning students are recognized. Points earned over
the year are added up in the Caribou Cup and top scoring students receive
prizes of $1500 in total. All previous contests with their questions are
available online, for example, for individual practice, for use in class at
schools, or for mathematics clubs. Caribou contests are unique in having one
interactive question. All these mathematical games are available online and
are very popular. Video solutions exist for selected questions.
- Stats Canada: Investigating social justice issues - A new webpage of data sources to investigate social justice issues has been organized by theme and is now available to teachers and students.
- The Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing - for Math and Computing contests, web resources, books, etc.
- Math Frog - a free mathematics site of Fun Resources and Online Games for parents, teachers and students in grades 4, 5 and 6.
- Swarthmore Mathematics Forum - probably the most comprehensive web-site for mathematics on the WWW.
- Richard Parris's Home Page - Richard has developed a large amount of free shareware for mathematics classes of all Grades. This software is free to download at his web-page.
- Ron Mayeda's Home Page - Ron, a veteran teacher of 35 years experience has put together this mathematics web-page which rivals Swathmore on sheer volume and excellent links.
- The Amazing Mathematical Object Factory (formerly known as ECOS) - How many ways are there to make change for one dollar using an unlimited number of coins and all denominations? AMOF is a teaching tool which generates permutations, subsets and combinations by the user define the parameters of discrete objects.
- Exercises in Math Readiness - Students preparing for post secondary studies will be leaping on to this site to prepare for the road ahead. Exercises in Mathe Readiness (EMR) is a collection of exercises designed to hone skills in those mathematical topics most important for university study in mathematics, sciences, engineering and commerce.
- Math Central - Have any nagging math problems you can't solve, or just curious about something? Ask Math Central: a site for K-12 mathematics students and teachers. Your queries will be answered by mathematics and education students and faculty from the University of Regina. A new and improved Math Central site is now in development.
- Word Problems for Kids - Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water which weighed 1.5 kg...Looking for something new? Word problems for kids is designed for classroom uses. These problems are classified into levels suitable for grades five to twelve and are carefully selected to help students improve their problem-solving skills.
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse for Science and Mathematics teaching - Includes a number of very good journal articles available in full. I would recommend going to Math under lessons and activities. Note: this site takes a long time to load!
- Math Archives - An extensive database of mathematical information. Has a search database form.
- Mathematician Database - This is an excellent site at St.Andrew's University, Scotland. Contains everything from a famous curve index to a Mathematician of the day page. Information on approximately 1000 mathematicians is here.
- Mathematical Resources at Caltech - An A to Z listing of mathematical resources. Some concepts might be too advanced for the "average" high school mathematics students.
- Polyhedra Site - Professor George Hart's awesome polyhedra site. Here, you can spin models, make your own models etc.
- Geometry Junkyard - The "junkyard" is eclectic and entertaining. A place for "advanced" students to investigate mathematics.
- Polyhedra Puzzles - Puzzles with polyhedra and numbers. You can print copies of the puzzles and read several articles on the subject.
Data Management & MDM4U
Graphing Calculator Resources
Professional Development for Teachers
- NCTM Web Page - The NCTM (National Council for Teachers of Mathematics) is the largest and most powerful organization for teachers of Mathematics in North America.
- Global Education Resources - Helping Teachers and Schools through Lesson Study. Now available: Elementary School Teaching Guide for the Japanese Course of Study: Arithmetic (Grades1-6)
- High Performance Systems Ltd. - System Dynamics Modelling is a "new" approach to modelling and problem-solving which has gained a lot of momentum in schools and universities across the country. High Performance systems is a company which develops software (ie. STELLA) which utilize the system dynamics approach.
nba pas chere
nba pas cher
cheap nike roshe
nba jerseys for sale
cheap wholesale kobe jersey for sale
cheap wholesale jersey for sale
cheap wholesale nfl jersey for sale
cheap nike roshe trainers